Strakers are widely recognised as the leading auctioneers of the South West, in part due to the interesting and varying Lots on offer, everything from large hotels, and shops to derelict outbuildings, but also because of the vast wealth of knowledge and experience offered by the Auction team
The auction process has increased in popularity over the last few years, and in the same time, so have Strakers Auction's, which have expanded into neighbouring areas and successfully sold properties in Bath, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Hampshire. 2012 looks to be no different, as Strakers are continuing the trend of expansion by launching a second auction in The Steam Museum, Swindon, specifically for the properties of Swindon and surrounding areas, meaning we will be running 12 auctions every year.
Over the last year we have achieved a sold rate in excess of 80% selling over £15 million worth of property. Due to our ongoing success our auctions usually attract an audience of approximately 500 and as such are often filmed for the BBC's Homes Under the Hammer television series.
The Oscars of the property industry took place in October 2012 in the Grand Ballroom of the London Hilton on Park Lane, the ceremony took place to announce the winners of The Negotiator Awards 2012.
Strakers were nominated for Residential Auctioneer of the Year along with 7 other regional and national auction houses. The property group Sequence were the eventual winners with Strakers being Highly Commended and placed in the final 3 which was an excellent result considering the comparative size of their competitors.
It was a spectacular, glamorous and exciting evening and the most successful awards ceremony ever, with a record entry. Over 500 of the UK's top property people attended. Impressionist and comedian, Jon Culshaw, presented the awards adding fun and laughs to the proceedings. During the evening, through the generosity of the guests, over £7,000 was raised for the nominated charity - the Estate Agency Foundation.
Judging was headed up by Guy Charrison, head of the National Association of Auctioneer’s and Valuers (NAVA) and covered various different aspects of the business with Strakers coming out top of the pile in terms of percentage of properties sold this year to date with an average of 85% compared to their closest competitors Clive Emson (83%) and Sequence (71%. The striking new image showcased in the current catalogues received extremely warm praise from the judging panel.
For more information about our sales or information on entering your property into an auction, please contact Strakers Auction Office on 01380 727 105 or alternatively by email to email@example.com
SELLING BY AUCTION
Selling your property or land by auction can be an excellent way to achieve a sale at the best price within a fixed timescale.
- Competitive bidding to achieve the maximum price.
- High quality colour catalogues (over 2500 distributed per sale) available from all our offices & downloadable from our website.
- Maximum publicity for your property in national, regional, local and trade press & specialist auction websites.
- Exchange of contracts and 10% deposit paid on the night.
- High Profile Marketing Campaign leading to an exchange of contracts in 4 weeks
- All properties offered subject to a protective reserve. (Seller has control of the price they sell for and when completion date is set – not the buyer).
- Avoids the possibility of any downward negotiation of price or abortive sales usually common with private treaty.
- Similar fees to a private treaty sale
PROPERTIES SUITABLE FOR AUCTION
- Residential Properties in need of modernisation and refurbishment
- Building Plots & Development Sites
- Commercial Premises with or without tenants
- Agricultural Land & Buildings
- Pony Paddocks and Woodland
- Investment Opportunities & Multiple Units
- Properties with Planning Difficulties
- Properties and Barns with scope for conversion or extension
- Derelict or Redundant Buildings
- Properties with Structural Problems
- Unconventional Constructions
- Regulated Tenanted Properties
If you are considering Selling at auction, expert advice is available from our Auction Office
(01380) 727105 firstname.lastname@example.org