How to add value to your home
When you decide to sell your home, you want to make sure you get the best price. Here are a few tips on how to add value;
– paint & fill in any cracks. Neutral colours are most appealing to house buyers
•Fix any superficial issues
– wash dirty walls (door frames & light switches), broken light bulbs, dripping tap, limescale build-up on kitchen and bathroom appliances
– never underestimate a clean and tidy room
•Exterior touch up
- first impressions count. Repaint the front door and make sure it’s clean. Even a new a door knob and house number/name plaque can help
– a well kept garden can instantly add value to a property. Ensure that it looks tidy and well maintained.
Obviously, every house is different, so feel free to contact your local Strakers team
who will be able to provide more bespoke advice to your home.
Get in touch for a FREE valuation if you’re thinking of selling your home.