The Hawthorns, Great Somerford
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Reception Rooms
4 bedroom detached for sale
- Reference Number 31507567
- Agent Strakers Malmesbury
- Agent Number 01666829292
About this property
*****SITE VIEWING DAY SATURDAY 6TH AUGUST- BY APPOINTMENT ONLY*****
**A SUPERB NEW DEVELOPMENT BY ASHFORD HOMES** 9 BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED THREE AND FOUR BEDROOM LUXURY HOMES**
The Hawthorns is an exciting new development by award winning developers Ashford Homes located in the heart of the highly sought after village of Great Somerford in a rural setting.
The Pickford is a magnificent four bedroom detached family home with an interior arranged over two floors comprising an entrance hall with cloakroom, a home office study and spacious bay fronted living room with double doors opening into a dining room. A door from the hall opens into a magnificent luxury kitchen complimented by a range of integrated appliances and a separate utility room. There are four generous double bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor, the master bedroom benefitting from an en suite shower room and built-in wardrobes. French doors from the dining room and kitchen open into a delightful south facing rear garden which enjoys a stunning outlook over open countryside. A driveway to the side approaches a detached single garage. Plot 7 however has a double garage.
Each home comes with the added benefit of an LABC 10 year guarantee.
Ashford Homes has been crafting beautiful homes in the South West for over 30 years. Quality, service and professionalism are at the core of everything they do.
The Hawthorns is a collection of nine beautifully crafted homes ranging from three to four bedrooms. This exclusive development can be found in the historic village of Great Somerford, set in the picturesque south Cotswolds. The village offers a range of amenities including a shop/Post Office, handsome 19th century Volunteer Inn public house, popular primary school and pre-school, and two churches. The River Avon meanders through the village, which is surrounded by beautiful open countryside ideal for walking, riding and other outdoor pursuits.
Great Somerford is home to Britain's first allotments. Stephen Demainbray, rector 1799-1854 and Chaplain to King George III, asked the King to spare part of his parish from the enclosures of 1809. The Free Gardens, a field of about 6 acres in the south of the village on Dauntsey Road, 500m from The Hawthorns, were given to the poor agricultural workers of the parish to provide them with the opportunity for fresh food, and they are still cultivated by the locals some 200 years later free of charge, as laid down in the original act of parliament. The new development road name will be Demainbray Close in honour of his memory.
• Traditional construction with elevations comprising rubble stone with cast stone architectural features.
• A mixture of slate grey and terracotta Double Roman roof tiles.
• UPVC silver grey windows.
• LABC 10 year guarantee.
• Central heating comprising Daikin air source heat pump supplying under floor heating throughout with individual room thermostats. Ground and first floors controllable as separate zones. Option for individual room programming, central control, control via smartphone or tablet and remote operation over internet.
• Towel radiators in bathrooms with control independent of main heating system allowing use in summer.
• Comprehensive electrical installation including energy efficient LED recessed downlights to kitchen, bathrooms, living room, hallway, landing and main bedroom.
• Internal doors - contemporary cottage style in veneered oak with chrome furniture.
• Staircase - oak newel and handrail with painted spindles and string.
• Decoration - emulsion to walls with white ceilings and white gloss finish woodwork.
• Wardrobe - in main bedroom - sliding glass fronted doors with shelf and hanging rail.
• Luxury fitted kitchen with a choice of quality finishes subject to specification.
• Fully integrated appliances including fridge freezer and dishwasher, built-in double oven and microwave.
• Granite or quartz worktops.
Villeroy & Boch sanitary ware comprising back to wall WC, wall hung basin with vanity unit under and low profile shower tray with Merlyn shower enclosure. Hansgrohe chrome fittings featuring thermostatic showerpipe with fixed rain head and separate rinse head.
Villeroy & Boch sanitary ware comprising back to back to wall WC, wall hung basin and bath with Merlyn bath screen over. Hansgrohe chrome fittings with exposed thermostatic bath/shower mixer with riser.
• Bathrooms to be tiled to approximately 1.2m high throughout with shower areas fully tiled to ceiling. Kitchen and bathroom floors to be tiled. Tile choices available (subject to stage of construction) from a selected range.
• TV aerial fitted as standard.
• Optional HD distribution to lounge and main bedroom from comms position.
• An audio entertainment infrastructure has been installed which allows for music/TV sound to be played via unobtrusive high quality in-ceiling speakers in reception rooms and main bedroom.
For full details, please see the Audio-Visual options data sheet.
• All development road and parking areas finished in block paviours.
• Front gardens planted and/or turfed.
• Rear gardens levelled as far as practicable and prepared for customer to finish.
Please note that the specification was correct at the time of going to print but Ashford Homes continually review their specifications and reserve the right to make any changes. The measurements have been taken from the plan provided but there may be variations in the final build. The computer generated images are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to be scaled or used to indicate boundaries and should only be used for guidance. Prospective purchasers are advised that the development name may not be the final postal address. Photos shown are of local towns and villages that are close by to this development.
Old Bear House53 High Street Malmesbury Wiltshire SN16 9AG